Friday, March 28, 2008

Can you make a fish face?

I'm on a mission to find and/or create funIMG_6716, affordable, creative crafts to do with my toddler. Our first official attempt (aside from the daily - coloring books and paint with water) went surprisingly well.

We've been reading The Rainbow Fish recently, and since Kate loves making fish faces, I thought it only appropriate that our first craft include some fins.

I gathered our supplies - blunt edge scissors, glue, sequins, foam square, and one googly eye. Whenever we do crafts, I cover the table with Kraft paper so clean-up is super easy. Before we started our craft, we read our book to get excited about our fish!

We cut out a simple fish from a blue foam rectangle. IMG_6729

I put small glue dots all over the fish - and wherever Kate insisted they go - and she placed the sequins. IMG_6721

We added a googly eye, yellow lips and some fins, and our fish was ready for the ocean. Kate really liked the fins and wanted to add them all over the fish.

IMG_6725

When we finished, we hung the fish on the refrigerator to dry, and Kate enjoyed a nice fishy snack.

IMG_6732 IMG_6736

No comments:

Post a Comment